Monday, November 22, 2010

Too Stuffed, Too Happy

There is nothing more savory, creamy, rich and downright delectable.

It's by far, the one dish that keeps me coming back for seconds, thirds, fourths and sometimes even fifths (small bites mind you).

Chicken Tikka Makhani. Even the name, sounds delicious.

I believe my first experience with Indian food was during college at The Bombay Club in Washington, DC. Family from California was in town and Dad picked his favorite place to entertain.

The first Indian dish I had was chicken curry. Several years later - to present - I can't eat curry. Not sure if I had too much or if it's the Chicken Tikka Makhani that tugs at my heart every time I choose Indian.

The Voice: "Don't even look at the curry. Nothing beats my creamy, tomato based, well-seasoned gravy over tandoori chicken. Nothing!"

And The Voice is correct. So correct.

This is not the kind of dish where you leave scraps.

Whether you try Indique at 3512 Connecticut Ave in Washington, DC, or its sister restaurant Indique Heights at 2 Wisconsin Ave in Friendship Heights, MD, the result will be the same. Be prepared to go home too stuffed and too happy.

Enjoy!


- Rani Robinson, Good Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...